Exact Approximations

Monday, August 06, 2007

If only I would wake.

I feel awful. I've felt awful for so long now. Part of me wants this over. Not going to do anything about it, but I keep wishing it. The idea of death seems sweet when you don't feel alive. But I don't have to make this mistake.

When I think of my father, almost all I remember is a sick man. I am so afraid that is what Daughter will have. Memories of a mother sick. In bed. Crying. I would rather be gone and have her remember a short time of happiness than to only remember me sick. Her voice is all I hear somehow.

Today the hospital called and said that my surgery has finally been authorized. Still not sure when it is, but I'm guessing early next week. Third surgery; they're gonna gut me. Uterus, gallbladder, appendix. Everything I don't technically "need." I hope this works. So badly I hope this works. I need this to work just to get by. And I don't have to stay this way.

I wanted more children. I always thought I might have a son. And another daughter... Three or four kids, that was what I wanted. I really knew that was what I wanted when I found out it would never be. What I do have is
Daughter and Step-Son. Amazing Step-Son, that I hardly see and whose life I have no control over the course of. Daughter is perfect. So perfect that I don't think I deserve her sometimes. My mother has four kids. Seems like a good number. My theory is that about 1/2 of your kids are gonna be different than you expected, or even hoped for. That ratio goes to me and my brother. My other brother and sister are the golden children. With all my eggs in one basket, I fear I'll pressure Daughter too much to be everything that I need, rather than who she wants to become. I could have lost myself in rough blue waters in her eyes.

Feeling philosophical lately. Thinking of all the possibilities. And the what-ifs. The maybes. I am in love with the maybes. A friend told me recently that anything is possible. I don't know if I believe that. Maybe things are only possible if you chase the possibility, catch it, cradle it, and make it yours. Maybe. But then what happens when things are out of your control? I don't know. I don't know what I believe anymore. I should know who I am by now.

I'll try to make it happen. While I wait.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • And Kudos to anyone who knows the lyrics without a Google-Fu assist.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 11:35 PM  

  • Keep your head up kid, the good thing about the bad times is they don't/can't last forever.
    Hope the gutting goes well.
    We're always here if you need anything.

    BTW, quit with these lyric challenges, or atleast try one that isn't on your myspace page.
    (That Radin dude) You know I got mad skills son. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 AM  

  • Damnit Sadie - you are such a cheater. Grumble... I should have also banned MySpace assists. That isn't even my song there anymore. I don't plan to give up the lyric bit anytime soon. Remember Fresh Pepper? He used to do it all the time, it's in his memory.

    Ah well, thanks for the kind words of support anyhow.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 10:17 AM  

  • Lex, sigh. I truly feel for you. Wish I could do something to cheer you up, however, that is entirely up to you.

    One kid is not so bad! I know. I, too, thought I would have had about three or four kids, but, alas, some plans are better the way they turn out, than the way they were planned.

    However, I can't resist one pot shot....Gutless!

    "While debating with CECU, I got gutless and changed the subject, in an effort to avoid the topic he wished to discuss, and make myself look good!"

    Just kidding! However, if that sparked an interest I posted on steroids today...have fun! Looking forward to it!

    You will be in my thoughts during this time. Heck, you are always in my thoughts :) and that is good!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 10:30 AM  

  • Sure, sure CECU - that's why you never call me.

    ~~ snivel ~~

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 5:12 PM  

  • Testing the message when you click the handicapable icon...

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 5:15 PM  

  • I would call you now to tell you that Barry Bonds just hit his 756 home run to become the new home run king, but, you would probably not answer the phone!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 9:16 PM  

  • OK, I called, and guess what, you answered! Kewl..

    Thanks for talking, it was a pleasure!

    Hugs

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home