Exact Approximations

Monday, July 09, 2007

Hmmm... it won't let me put in a title... WTF?

Sorry for the long absence... i haven't exactly been inspired.

I lost my job in May. I was hospitalized and The Boss fired me for being sick. About a year ago, when he fired Bitchy Paralegal for being sick, I told The Boss we needed to research and make sure he wasn't violating FMLA or the ADA. Armed with the knowledge that he doesn't have enough employees to be liable - I got shit-canned. One week later, word came that Bitchy Paralegal died. She was young.

Anyhow, on top of that, looks like I need another surgery. This should be the last one, a hysterectomy. I dreamt last night that I had a baby - a little girl. She was beautiful. That will never happen now.

I spent July 4th in a Psychiatric Hospital. Dude, people in there are fucking crazy. I never felt so sane in my life, even though I was in there with them. Long story short, short-sighted Lex was considering euthanizing herself. Honestly my friends, I don't know how much longer I can handle being sick. Life just isn't life like this.

So I scared the shit out of everyone and embarrassed myself severely. I'm a wreck. My mind is a disaster and I can't stay out of it. Fiance' has done everything - he loves me so much - but I suppose that's his misfortune. Right now anyhow. My mom also flew in and I got to lay my head in her chest and cry and cry for the first time in years.

I interviewed with BigLaw last week. We shall see.

I'll try to post more often. I'm back only because my grandmother, the Grand Republican Matriarch, told me she thinks I should keep writing. She's probably right, it does help.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • 1) The Boss is a jerk (except instead of "jerk," insert the obscenity of your choosing).

    2) I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. Here's to better days and better years.

    3) I'm glad you're posting again.

    By Blogger Make Mine a Triple, at 10:27 PM  

  • I'm so sorry lex. I can't believe your boss is such an asshole. I hope biglaw works out for you and your physical and mental health clears up. When you have some money you should take a vacation.
    -sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

  • I am really glad to see you back. Been wondering about you. I'm really sorry to hear all this has happened. I hope things get sorted out and you come back even happier than ever.

    Keep us informed!

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 11:12 AM  

  • Hi Lex - long time lurker here (I think we both graduated law school around the same time - perhaps the very same law school). I just quickly wanted to say that I'm very sorry to learn that you have had such a rough time as of late. I've had a few rough patches in my life too, and I thought I would leave you with my favorite mantra. I know it’s cliché, but it always seems to help. Repeat: "This too shall pass." Good luck Lex- be your best self (which is pretty damn good from what I can tell).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

  • Lex! Good to see you again, its been so long!! Keep your head up girl, it can only get better here on out right?
    I got free passes to Disneyland anytime I want, wanna go? Happiest place on earth!?!?
    Glad to see you back. Keep postin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home