Exact Approximations

Friday, August 03, 2007

"To a man born without a conscience, a soul-stricken man must seem ridiculous."

I hope that's true. I want it to be, so I'll go with. For now.

Today is the day I moved away from Crapsville to begin classes at Berkeley in 1999. Eight years. In some ways it feels like I've come full circle, moving back to another desert and being back in a difficult situation. Hm.

Waiting for a surgery, I've been reading a lot of Steinbeck lately. I'm halfway through The Red Pony and the book makes me a bit sad. First I lost Gabilan and then Galvino rode off into the mountains...

Junius Maltby is amazing. My brother told me to read this short story years ago, and I only just got to it. It is also sad to me how people's ideas on life can be damaged by society.

I'm halfway through The Wayward Bus. Not so into it...

East of Eden might be my most favorite book ever. If I could have more children and had a little girl, I think I'd like to name her Abra.

If I had a library card or ten bucks to spare, I'd pick up a copy of Grapes of Wrath. Never read it.

3 Comments:

  • how do you know the date? do you keep a journal, or is that shit like burned into memory. I have such a shitty memory, I should write everything down. but I forget :) never read any his stuff, think I'd like it?
    Head up.....peace....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM  

  • Yup - that shit is burned into my memory. Things like that always are.

    Today is also the second of two days that I first spent in Arizona, when I came to "check in" on fiance. We all know how that went... Coincidently, tomorrow will mark the anniversary of the day I left my husband.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 9:15 PM  

  • The Red Pony is a great book. It was given to me as a gift.

    By Anonymous buy without prescription, at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home