Exact Approximations

Thursday, May 18, 2006

McCreepy and the Desperate Housewife

The neighbor from Wysteria Lane strikes again. Yesterday, while I was at work and Daughter was at school, she boldly knocked on the door and asked Boyfriend if he wanted to come over and go swimming in her new pool. Came to the door in her bathing suit. She is facing some serious repercussions from Lex. I'm going to send Daughter and friends to TP her house and put red dye in her stupid swimming pool and Joy in her hot tub.

While Boyfriend was being blatantly hit on by the neighborhood Edie, I had a second run in with McCreepy. McCreepy is an attorney who works for BigLaw in the same building as me. Back when I was getting ready to take the February bar, I asked him for advice/ experience/ tips, etc. He offered to take me out for coffee to talk about it.

Talk regarding the exam took 3 seconds. The remainder of the 15 minutes revolved around my relationship status, strength of said relationship, and whether I would date him if the current relationship failed.

I made clear that relationship status was serious, strength of Nasa quality material and that there was consequently no need to consider the dateability question. I mean, don't get me wrong, nice enough man- albeit 20 years my senior.

But I made it real, real clear that I am super-unavailable. After the coffee meeting, I went back to the office and ranted to Front Secretary. Apparently, Front Secretary had been through the same with McCreepy. For a period of weeks, he called every day, offering lavish gifts and entertaining dates. Even called once for some pseudo-phone sex. We laughed together and have continued to do so whenever we see McCreepy.


So yesterday I get an email. "I've seen you here and there, and you seem higher than the clouds. I'm sure because you passed the bar. Celebrate?"

Uh. No. I sent a cursory email saying that I failed, thanking for the compliment and bragging about my Fail Bonus. Couldn't help that part. That part makes me feel so much better about failing. I made no mention of celebration, meeting or any moment in the future that we might spend together. Egad. McCreepy mailed me back and asked me out again. Cursory no thank you.

Who else is bummed that Denny died and Izzy quit? Seriously. That shit was a downer for me.

3 Comments:

  • Im so bummed, and you called it, I dont even know if Ill be able to watch after this, so dissapointing.
    -BF

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

  • Totally. I am holding out hope that Izzy will return. I might be able to get over Denny if I can have Izzy Eye Candy back. Grey just doesn't do it for me. Not enough curves.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 11:46 AM  

  • What about the part that the vet was ready to move on with Mederith and she just slept with mcdreamy? I was shocked that denny left and izzy quit but I know she'll be back.
    Loony Tunes Aunt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home