Exact Approximations

Monday, May 08, 2006

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Allright folks. Here's to going for broke.

Today is the day that The Boss and I sit down to "negotiate." I am clearly in an inferior bargaining position. After having lost the bar, I must now convince him that it is in his best interest to give me a Fail Bonus.

Basically, I want The Boss to
1) Pay for a BarBri course.
2) Give me time off to attend said BarBri course.
3) Pay my re-filing fees.
4) Pay for me to move.

So, the whole thing boils down to: "Hey The Boss, I failed the bar. I need a six-week vacation and a 20% raise. Up front. Whatda ya say?"

I'm laughing at myself just typing this shit. It's absurd. Absolutely absurd.

Wish me luck folks, this oughta be interesting.

3 Comments:

  • Good luck. I'm just thinking - you've been there a while, like 6 months or something right? And your predecessors, not so much, right? Didn't he go through like 6 associates in 2 years? If you like working for him, it might not hurt to mention that you're committed to working for him and that consistency and an hard-working associate with something to prove could be an asset to his firm.

    Or not. I have no idea how you legal types negotiate.

    By Blogger -Ann, at 11:32 AM  

  • Wow, what a way to negotiate! Even is you only get half of what you are asking for, you still get a 12.5% raise, and perhaps moving fees! Nice! Good Luck!

    If I am your boss, I want to know what are you going to do extra around there to earn your keep? Somewhere in there, I think you two will come to some type of agreement! For your sake, you have to come to some agreement with him!

    Interesting bargaining position! I would prefer to be on the Titanic!

    I will say some prayers for you! :)

    I just can't wait to hear how this comes out!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 11:57 AM  

  • Go get 'em Lex! Just think, while you're negotiating money, I'm dealing with finals. Do you miss those?

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home