Exact Approximations

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Conspiracy Theory Thursday, Part II

Long time readers will remember my first Conspiracy Theory Post about Google, related to my predictions of a future Gmail People Finder Beta, which will allow users to read gmails. I based that theory on provisions contained in Gmail's privacy policy.

Anyhow, strange story in the SF Chronicle today about how Google agreed to censor its Image finder before the search engine was released in China. The example given is Tiananmen Square. When you search the U.S. version for images - you get tanks. When you search the China version - you get a pretty building. Now, I haven't formulated the specifics of the theory, but it all comes down to one thing: Google wants to take over the world (intro weird Twilight Zone music)

I agree with the watchdog site, Google really is kinda creepy.

BTW: any and all comments that readers would like to make, without having them made public, can always email me at ExactApproximations@gmail.com

=)

4 Comments:

  • I think you're stealing from me. This was my theory of long ago.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 12:40 PM  

  • Heehee -

    Well, if I did, it was subconsciously. I admit that plenty online sources have the same theory.

    Again, my bad. I apologize. You are just *killing* my self-esteem today.

    Arbusto the Ego Buster. Whuahahahahaha

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 12:56 PM  

  • Doesn't me asking you if you had any pieces of information you want to know boost your ego? Some of my post will be directed to you.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 3:36 PM  

  • Doesn't it defeat your theory to have a "secret/private" message that doesn't want to be posted as a comment, to still go through gmail?

    Did you read the wrap-up of the SOTU?

    xkgtfr

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home