Exact Approximations

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Top Ten Week - Extended & Light-Hearted

Things have been pretty heavy around here lately. Between the Women's Rights Comment-Battle and the Sappy Story of My Life Stuff - I have decided it's time for a little fun. But, since I promised 3 top-tens last week and have only given 2 so far, I have 1 to make up. As today marks the release of Oscar nods, a Hollywood-Related list seems appropriate.

On the way to work this morning, a local radio station had an interesting discussion about characters from movies that they found attractive. Not necessarily the celebrity his or herself, but some character that was super-hot and makes you think "Man, I wish I could find a guy/girl just like so and so." So here it is.

First, Honorable Mentions in the Television Category:
- Pacey Witter, Dawson's Creek, (Joshua Jackson)
- Sonny Corinthos, General Hospital (especially the late 90's) (Maurice Benard)
- John Stewart, The Daily Show (John Stewart)
- John Cage, Ally McBeal (Peter MacNicol) - oh that Nell was super-hot too though...

Allright, the Big'Uns

Lex's Top Ten Movie Character Crushes:

10. TIE: Han Solo, Empire Strikes Back, (Harrison Ford) / Mary Jenson, There's Something About Mary, (Cameron Diaz)
9. Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird, (Gregory Peck)
8. Donnie Darko, Donnie Darko, (Jake Gyllenhaal)
7. Jesse, Before Sunset & Before Sunrise (Ethan Hawke)
6. Edward Bloom, Big Fish (Ewan McGregor)
5. Clementine Kruczynski, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Kate Winslet)
4. Jack Dawson, Titanic (Leonardo DiCaprio)
3. Rhett Butler, Gone With the Wind (Clark Gable)
2. Sam, Garden State (Natalie Portman)
1. Romeo Montague, Romeo and Juliet (Leonardo DiCaprio)

There it is folks - I urge you to throw out the ones I've missed, as there are sure ot be many!!!

11 Comments:

  • My alltime favorite HOT character is...the envelope please....

    Jessica Rabbit!

    "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"

    Man, I wish I could find a gal like her! If I did, I would never blog again!

    icvnm

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 1:30 PM  

  • Nice. I can't believe I forgot that one

    =)

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 1:41 PM  

  • This is something I've thought about a lot because I totally get crushes on the characters and not the actors. Some actors I don't find attractive at all really (like Jimmy Smitts) but jeez, the Bobby Simone...

    Another TV one - Jack Bauer in 24. The perfect bad boy but good guy sort of boyfriend. (The downside, of course, is that the women in his life nearly always end up dead.)

    Russell Crowe's character in "Proof of Life". That was a big-time crush for me.

    I'm sure I could come up with more if I wasn't so brain-dead after the camogie training this evening.

    By Blogger -Ann, at 2:28 PM  

  • I heard the same bit on the radio. My understanding was the basis for their lists was the role the actor played, and had nothing to do with the appearance of the charactar. (sorry, I know we're keeping it light)
    I just wonder how much the list would change if you deleted the visual attraction. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 AM  

  • Good point. If the person playing the character was fugly, some of the attraction would be deflected. But for the most part, movie and television folk are attractive - so that's pretty much a given. But I admit, if Corky were playing Romeo, it might not be as hot.

    Still a little hot, but not #1 hot.

    ;)

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 9:47 AM  

  • Lex,

    I was certian I would see a post today regarding the passing of Coleta King, in light of your post on Rosa Parks, and your education background.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

  • I did consider a Coretta post, but to be honest, I just did not have anymore "serious" energy left after the past week on the blog and the long weekend spent with Boyfriend in the hospital. I am so terribly in need of laughter and humor right now that I could not do justice ot Ms. King's legacy.

    I do encourage readers to search Coretta Scott-King in the Blogger bar. There are tons of really great posts about her life and impact.

    For those of you interested in MedMal - there is also a question as to whether Ms. King's search for alternative treatments for her ovarian cancer may have been a factor involved in her passing.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 10:56 AM  

  • I would so date Leela on Futurama.

    Or Clark Kent on Smallville. Superman can rock my world.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 12:53 PM  

  • I have a major crush on lex, in that movie, the story of my life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

  • Nony,

    Is it called "The Story of My Life"? I tried Google-Fu, but no luck. I've never heard of a movie by that name with a character named Lex... who else is in it? Could you maybe give me a link? I'm SO open to recommendations and am vainly intrigued by the same-name aspect ;)

    Thanks

    oh - and Arbusto - I'm with you. Smallville guy - totally hot. Yummy.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 2:12 PM  

  • And one more thing - I have a total e-crush on Fresh Pepper, formerly known as the Incompetent Attorney.

    found at http://freshpepper.blogspot.com/

    This was the guy who, on his old blog, had a "Partner Button." When you clicked it, it brought up a Lexis page, making it appear that one is hard at work researching. He's overly sarcastic and completey insensitive. His ireverence is far superior to mine. Ah, that Fresh...

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home