Exact Approximations

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Where's the Quality, Where's the Love?

So I picked up my ridiculously expensive box of BarBri books last week. I am doing the home audio-lease option. I think BarBri used to do this with CDs, but now they do it all with an I-Pod. Anyhow, I called the office last Monday to see if the books were in:
Lex: "Hi, I'm calling to see if the books are in."
BarBri Rep: "Not yet, we just ordered a whole batch, so call Friday to see if they're in yet."

Friday arrived.
Lex: "Hi, BarBri Lady told me to call today to see if my books are in yet."
BarBri Lady: "Yeah, we have one set left."
Lex: "Huh? I was told that the sets were given in order of payment received and that I was supposed to get my set with this batch."
BarBri Lady: "Hm. Well, I can hold this last one for you if you come pick it up."

Lex: "Ok, I'll leave now."

So I left work early and drove to BarBri. As I'm exiting the freeway, my cell phone rings:
BarBri Lady: "Oh, um, have you already left?"
Lex: "Yup, I just got off the freeway right now. I should be there in about five minutes."
BarBri Lady: "Well, we just realized that we don't have an I-Pod here."
Lex: "Seriously? I just talked to someone about this not even an hour ago. I'm already here, so I'm going to come in anyhow."

So I go in and get my books. First, wow, I didn't realize there were so many books. Compared to the two, two-inch thick three-ring binders I bought from some guy as my study course last time, I see that I am going to have a lot more reading this time around. That kinda sucks. Anyhow, the BarBri people took forever to get my books, and then lost part of my application. I had a copy of my application, and offered to let the woman copy it. She didn't want to do that and opted to have me fill out a whole 'nother application. Sheesh. Then she told me they would ship me my I-Pod as soon as more came in. This weekend, I started reading the state-specific outlines. The pages started coming out of the book - it appears that the book may not have been bound correctly...

I'm hoping that the BarBri administrative staff is no reflection of the efficiency of the BarBri course.

2 Comments:

  • I know the heft of the box. I got dragged over to the mailboxes by a female friend who's taking the bar this summer. I feel so used.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 4:32 PM  

  • by any chance did you have to date the new application you made out when you picked up your books? Wouldn't that suck if they went by the new date on your app. to give you your Ipod. Just a thought
    Loony Tunes Aunt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home