Exact Approximations

Monday, May 22, 2006

I Can See Clearly Now

My glasses have been missing for days. I looked around my bedroom - nowhere. In every drawer and behind each book in my office - nothing. In the trunk, under the seat, in the sunglass holder - nada. Giving up, I assumed the glasses lost.

But Front Secretary just brought them to me. My glasses, in apparent incrimination, have been sitting on The Boss' big desk this whole time.

Now, my guess is that I went in there to get a practice guide or something and took them off, laid them down and squatted next to the bookshelf to get a better look-see. But if I were The Boss, I would be imaging Lex sittng in my chair, mouthing one of my cigars, feet up on the desk, barking out words into a dictaphone pretending to be a big shot while The Boss was away on vacation. He hasn't asked yet how my glasses ended up on his desk. I'm blaming the night-cleaning crew. I must have left them in a common area that they put them on The Boss' desk.

3 Comments:

  • Yeah right, you were totally sitting in his chair smoking his cubans and ordering imaginary law clerks around:)
    -BF

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 PM  

  • Soooo. did you get a tast of what it's like to be the boss. It has its advantages I must admit. Well, its the bomb..
    When you get here you'll love it. Just don't abuse it.
    Loony Tunes Aunt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 AM  

  • If the boss asks you how your glasses ended up on his desk, tell him you must have left them behind in a rush to down a shot of his prime single malt scotch. Extra points if you make a pithy remark like, "Burns going down, but they don't make 'em like that any more," followed by a nudge and a chuckle.

    If you do it, I'll tell you about the time I lost my cell phone for three months in the back of my car.

    By Blogger TEM, at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home