Exact Approximations

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Why Are Kid's Meals Just for Kids?

Went to a sub-shop for lunch, and on the way out offered to pick something up for Front Secretary. She requested a Kid's Meal. I get to said sandwich shop and see no Kid's Meal on the menu.
Lex: "Do you make Kid's Meals?

Sandwich Artist: Looks around, quietly verifying that I am not with a kid. "Oh. Are you taking something for a child?"

Lex: Imaginarily asking what sort of dumb-ass difference that would make. In my imaginary loud voice. I play along. "Well, someone's daughter is at the office, and she asked for a Kid's Meal."

I am reasonably certain that Front Secretary is, in fact, someone's daughter. She is at the office. And she did request a Kid's Meal. I wasn't exactly lying here... but, perhaps it's so close to lying that we should just call it lying?

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like lawyering to me - selective distribution of the facts regardless of the real intent of the question at hand. Go you - your three years in Berkley were not wasted. :)

    I love to get the kids meal, especially at fast food places - less food (consequently less calories) and a toy. How can you go wrong with that?

    By Blogger -Ann, at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home