Exact Approximations

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Gladhanding Corporate Counsel - Good Luck with That.

The Boss has me calling General Counsel of a non-party corporation. Yesterday, I email an employee, wanting to talk about a case. Employee forwards that to corporate counsel. No conceivable corporate-client umbrella issues exist. General Counsel emails me requesting all inquiries be put in writing. I forward that to The Boss, wondering what caution-laden road to take seeing as these emails are all technically discoverable. The Boss recommends that I call, get friendly and see if I can get undocumented information that way.

And so I set out to squirrel my way to The Inside. I'm skeptical. I have been here since August and already have learned just how understandably inflexible lawyers can be with information requests. Cheese and rice, I am not certified just yet - but even so, I try to be the best dick I can be. Why should I expect anything less from General Counsel at Standard American Corp.?

Thanks out to Luke for Site Meter info. And delayed gratitude for Arbusto, who gave me the same information months ago back when I was ignoring it. I checked today for the first time and found that I came up on two searches:

1) "illegal websites"
2) "Steven Allison"

For both, see yesterday's post.

Off to get on the horn.

3 Comments:

  • Maybe Steven Allison can help you assemble dossiers on these counsel-types that you have to get information from. He could tell you how many illegal web sites they visit or if they have drug/alcohol issues and then you could blackmail I mean persuade them to send a little information your way.

    Just a thought.

    By Blogger -Ann, at 9:34 AM  

  • Heehee - I like that a lot. Great idea. I should start criminal background checking anybody I have to call before I even think about the area code. I bet that could be mighty useful in this profession.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 9:52 AM  

  • statcounter.com is better than Sitemeter. I've used both and prefer stat counter.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home