Exact Approximations

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Recuperating

The Boss called. Well, actually, Office Manager called while I was on the phone with Surgeon, informing that The Boss wanted to talk with me.

I eagerly called back - was this a "when the hell you coming back" call? A "just want to wish you well" call? A "computer tech found some blogger cookies on your computer and what the hell is Exact Approximations?" call? The possibilities swam in my head. I dialed the office. I was put on hold.

The Boss picks up and asks how I am feeling. I relay that I am well and feeling much better. He says good. Then he gives me a research project. Tells me to work on it this afternoon. Wishes me well and wants results by morning.

Boyfriend wonders how such requests can be made while I am recovering.

I am flattered and feel needed.

Off to WestLaw.

3 Comments:

  • It sounds like you were going a bit stir crazy, so the request probably came in at just the right time. Happy recovery.

    By Blogger -Ann, at 10:39 PM  

  • Hoping you are feeling better. Hope your research project went well, and that it didn't drain your energy.

    I was surprised to hear that Boss called you at home, and asked you to work! Since you are in the medical law field now, what would have happened if, because of the research project assignment, you had a relapse, or something like that, would you qualify for Worker's Comp? Or would that be nullified since you accepted the work against doctor's orders to rest and recuperate? Inquiring minds want to know!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 8:14 AM  

  • Lex! We miss you.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home