Exact Approximations

Friday, September 14, 2007

Concern

Today, I received a comment on an old post entitled Mad World. That post probably gets the most hits of all my old stuff, because people always find me when they search "Mad World meaning."

The comment is scary, and I hope my readers can offer any advice. It says:

"I'm only 12 and am too scared too kill myself because of the effects on my mom and sister. I'm horribly depressed to the point where it's been10 months of psychology and it can't be helped. I care about the world too much and don't want to be in it anymore. What do I do, I beg anyone!"

I'm scared for her(?) - please tell her whatever you think.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Hi there.
    I've never commented on your blog before, but I've been a faithful reader for, oh, a year or so? I love your writing and look forward to all your posts. I very much wish the best for you, Daughter, Step-Son, and all the people in your life.

    For your young reader: I've never felt suicidal, so I can't really contemplate where you're coming from. All I know is that You Do Matter in this world. You Matter as an individual, even on top of how much your mom and sister care about you. The world is a better place because you--YOU have possibilities in front of you, even if they're hard to see. You matter to me now because I read what you wrote on this blog. Please talk to someone, anyone in your life that you trust. It can be hard to see what is good about ourselves and why we're worth fighting for, but I am positive that you are.

    (If that is not a helpful message for someone in her (?) situation, please delete this comment....)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 PM  

  • Thanks Nony - that was really great. Really great. You're far better at this advice thing than I am.

    And thanks for reading - please feel free to comment more often, you sound smart - and I love smarties.

    =)

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 10:02 PM  

  • I wrote that comment and I just don't know what to do. I wish to start over or just end all of this pain. But nothing helps! I've "held in there" for 10 months. I just wanna give up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 PM  

  • I wrote that comment and I just don't know what to do. I wish to start over or just end all of this pain. But nothing helps! I've "held in there" for 10 months. I just wanna give up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 PM  

  • Don't give up, don't ever give up. Life is not easy ("Life is pain. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something.") but there is lots of joy in life, and in time you will experience your share of it. Hang in there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home