Exact Approximations

Friday, November 10, 2006

Lotta Links

I'm dead tired. Can't focus. I went to the restroom three times just so I could take mini-naps in the stall. I suspect Paralegal suspects I may be bulimic as I do this especially right after I eat. What can I say? Eating makes Lex tired. I am having happy daydreams about going home and laying in bed, falling into happy slumber.

In the midst of my inability to do anything productive, I've checked all the blogs on my roll 10+ times. Post of the day goes to CECU, for linking this Daily Kos story regarding the Republicans latest ass-saving attempt: calling some of the new members of Congress "Conservative Democrats." Good story.

Yay!!! Mexico City legalizes gay marriage.

Anyhow, I emailed an old friend yesterday, asking him why he hasn't been in touch. This is the latest in a string of attempts. I've called, left messages, emailed - I get nothing. He sent me a forward, one of those ones with 20 or so "about me" questions that you answer and then forward back to everyone, including the one who sent it to you... I answered in an attempt to get his attention. No luck. Hope he's not mad at me. So Eldritch, if you're mad at me, call me anyway. I'll apologize. Not talking to old friends and not knowing why makes me a sad one. This happens to me far too often. Makes me think I'm not very good at the friend thing.

I looked at some pictures that Ryan linked to. Very nice (Borat voice). At the site, there was a link to other pictures. Some of these pictures were of Mormon Temples. Please, please, please, Ryan, tell me you are not a Joseph-Lander. It's one thing to be a Christian, but being a Mormon requires that someone schedule an intervention... Unless, you know, you really are a Mormon. In which case, there's nothing wrong with that....

A helicopter just arrived at the hospital across the street. I'm watching it land. Every time I do this, I can't help but think that might be our next case. That's kinda twisted on top of someone being sick.

Every news site had a story about Britney Spears divorcing Kevin Federline. Why is this news? Why do I keep reading? They all say the same thing: K-Fed-Ex is a loser and wants all of Britney's money. Not much different from when they were married.

I updated the blogroll to delete a few people who never post anymore. Except for TEM and Fresh Pepper - I have my fingers crossed that both will return. I also added The Attractive Nuisance. (hat-tip WT) Good blawg about a new associate making her way in law land, trying to have an affair with a partner she has lovingly nicknamed Lord of The Rings. She comes up with really good nicknames for her characters.

Update Sadie, update.

The 49ers might leave San Francisco and go to... Santa Clara!!! Boo!!! Stay in SF you guys, don't ruin it by moving to Santa Friggin' Clara.

Officer Manager is out with the flu. Paralegal is out to go hike the Grand Canyon. Front Secretary is on the phone and she is really loud. She seems is having far more fun than I.

Ok, sorry for the boring post folks. But I figured I'd better put something out there now since I don't usually blog on the weekends.

6 Comments:

  • I am happy to report that I only worship at the alter of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (may everyone be blessed by the touch of his noodly appendages). I guess I should apologize for my heathen ways, but you probably lost Santorum as a reader last month after the post about homosexuals :)

    I linked to random pictures to protect everybodys' interweb anonymity.

    -Ryan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM  

  • Update complete. I liked LinkoLand better, you should of kept it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 AM  

  • OK, I will ask here...how do I make a link appear in my blog? I forgot!

    Thank you for the plug! Conservative Democrats...a few years ago, I would have listed that under oxymoron, but, the more I think about it, the Dems have been more fiscally conservative than the Republicans for at least the past 12 years, and you could take it all the way back to Reagan, if you really wanted to make a case out of it!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 7:12 AM  

  • Help...I don't know what I did to my blog...it is blank! Help

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 6:33 AM  

  • Didn't mean to sound like I was crying wolf, but, I was blank after my latest post. I don't know what I did, but, it was blank for about 15 mins. I rebooted, and now, I can see the blog. Sorry about that :)

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 6:37 AM  

  • Update Lex Update

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home