Exact Approximations

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Blaming the Catholics.

Look, I hate religion and its leaders just as much as the next guy, but does Mark Foley seriously think that it helps his case to blame it on getting "molested" by a Catholic priest? I'm sorry, but getting a back rub by a man of the cloth 40 friggin' years ago just doesn't cut it buddy. Now, this is still a good thing, because all this talk of the priest just brings the Foley ordeal smack in the front of the headlines again. I like that. I mean, I think it's stupid to blame an entire party for the ills of one (well, two, Hastert dropped the ball, or enjoyed it himselfl, whatever). But in this case, it is working against the Republicans, so I'll take it. If it takes a couple teenagers getting sexy messages from a dirty old man to get the Dems higher numbers in Congress, well, you know, sucks for them. But... I'm a utilitarian. Go Foley!

3 Comments:

  • Utilitarian???? What happened to Atheist???

    As for the Republicans shooting themselves in the foot, or any other body part for that matter, let me help,...here are some more bullets!

    It seems like every day there is some scandal breaking about this bunch of yahoos running our Country. If it isn't Foley's follies, then it will be something else...like how many times Abramoff was at the White House with Cheney, or...hell, I could go on and on about this for hours!

    I have decided to name those that believe what this administrations tells them to believe, NUTS. It is what Rove calls the right-wing religious leaders, after they left the room, according to the new book, Tempted Faith.

    Anyone who still believes that this Administration says anything truthful, or, has any moral character, is NUTS!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 5:36 AM  

  • Being a utilitarian is not incompatible with being an Atheist. You have got to got out of this black and white mentality and jump into the gray zone ;)

    Are you reading Tempted Faith? I heard about it on the Colbert Report or the Daily Show, one of those. If you bought it, send it to me when you are done. I could use some good readin' after surgery.

    Isn't it amazing that North Korea is suddenly *sorry* about the nuke test. Nice timing.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 10:20 AM  

  • But my black and white men-tality can't jump! :)

    Tempted Faith! Actually, it was highlighted on "The Countdown" by Keith Olberman! He has been doing some get commentary on the administation, and Habeus Corpus! Also, Tempted Faith was a segment of 60 minutes last Sunday! No, I don't have it yet! Down here in Bushland, it is hard to purchase those types of books! The Barnes & Noble that I go to, said they had it in, but didn't put it out on the shelves! They didn't want to "upset" the christian public! I told them they were pissing off the nonchristian public, and I left!

    As for N Korea...I am afraid it is too late for them. I think when they tested that nuke, the result was far less flattering than they had hoped, and I believe it exposed where there nuke program is, which is not very far along. However, W, instead of going to Iraq, should have dealt with this idiot long ago!

    By the way, has anybody seen Osama? How much you want to bet that he makes an appearance or sound bite, before the election!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home