Exact Approximations

Monday, October 30, 2006

Down with the Sickness

Well, it's five days post-surgery. I am still in pretty agonizing pain. I sneezed yesterday, and thought my insides would fall out. I've got bruises all over my belly and three incision sites. This shit totally sucks ass. I had a similiar surgery last year (minus the removed ovary) and recovery was nowhere nears this bad.

All that said, I think it might have worked. I don't feel the gnawing, aching pain in my right side anymore. Maybe that's because I'm so focused on the residual pain from the operation, but I'm optimistic.

6 Comments:

  • Could it be having something removed is causing more pain? I'm not a doctor so I'm just guessing. That's why I'm gay and in law school becasue I can guess.

    Viva la revolucion!

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 5:34 PM  

  • Yeah, I think the added bonus of removed body parts might be causing more pain this time around. But, whatever, I'll deal with it if it works long term.

    Don't be too down on yourself for being in law school. Many, many of us have made the same mistake.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 12:07 PM  

  • Welcome Back. My thoughts were with you this past week!

    I have missed your usual give and take on whatever you usually comment on! :)

    Looking forward to more cyber-sparring :)

    I am very happy that you are feeling better :)

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 8:06 PM  

  • Too many smileys. Your smiley privileges are revoked. Further smiley use will result in revokation of speaking priviliges.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 AM  

  • Hey, Sickly, did you ever get an e-mail from Brooklyn?

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 5:34 PM  

  • I hope you feel better soon Lex!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home