Exact Approximations

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Crap.

So I passed the bar, and I've been waiting on my bar number, slated to arrive after my character report finishes processing. It's been awhile, so I called the Committee today to find out what was going on. The helpful man told me that the investigative portion of the report is complete and has been sent to the Committee for final determination. He also mentioned that there "seems to be some problems" with my finances, so they will likely request more information or pull me in for a hearing. This sucks so much. My finances are a mess because mounting medical bills - I just don't have enough money to pay everything and I have a few accounts that are months past due. The shittiest thing is that, in order to pay those debts, I need to be a full-fledged attorney -- but, apparently, to become an attorney, I have to pay those medical bills.

I'm freaking out about this.

2 Comments:

  • I can't imagine a better explanation for the bills than the medical expenses. That is, after all, the so-called "good" excuse for bankruptcy, and that isn't your situation at all.

    I have also never, ever heard of someone being denied admittance to the bar because of unpaid bills, even if they had a really stupid reason for them (e.g., "'Cuz Prada is, like, the BEST!").

    By Blogger The Once and Future TC, at 9:46 PM  

  • That's what I'm hoping for. I think it would be absolutely ridiculous to deny me admission because a medical situation made it impossible for me to pay all my bills. And it's not like I'm even trying for bankruptcy, which, trust me, I've considered.

    Thanks for giving me some positivity =)

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home