Exact Approximations

Friday, August 11, 2006

And I Thought I Was the Token Office Liberal

Although he's on vacation, it's been reported that The Boss believes yesterday's foiled terrorist attempts are a veiled right-wing conspiracy. The idea was to deflect American attention away from the economy, pissiness over Iraq, etc and get our thoughts back to where they should be: Republicans and their foreign allies are the only ones who will keep you from getting blown up by terrorists. Vote for your local Republican this Fall.

Seriously. This is more something I would expect to read on a sign from the crazy Chinese guy that stands in front of Cal with a huge cardboard with writing all over it and screams out "happy, happy, happy."

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, makes me think The Boss is a little loony, which is frightening because his logical abilities so greatly impact my economic and professional future. On the other, it makes me think The Boss is a super-liberal nutbar, which is really pretty awesome.

2 Comments:

  • Not only to deflect attention, but to gain more control over our lives. People will start saying, "Look what their methods stopped! Give them more power!"

    Onion headline: Bush Gives Self Permission to Give Himself More Power.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 1:22 PM  

  • I have to say, my first thought was that it was fairly convenient timing. But then, you know, I think that the terrorists would prefer Republican administrations over Democratic ones. Think of the timing of Osama's last video tape. He wanted Bush to win because right now, the West's policy toward the Middle East is the best recruiting tool he will ever have.

    Now, I don't agree with Rove that the Dems would do nothing and would try to put the terrorists in therapy, but I do believe a Democratic approach would be more rational, reasoned, and effective. (And wouldn't involve Biblical prophesies and beholdenness to the oil companies.)

    Of course, there's always the chance that there wasn't any real plot or it was in the earliest of the early stages and this is being played for all that it's worth.

    Hope none of this makes me a loon. :)

    By Blogger -Ann, at 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home