Exact Approximations

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Devastation of Slumber Parties

Daughter turned 10 this weekend. She had a slumber party where 8 girls unknowingly schooled me in the changing times.

At one point during the slumber party, Boyfriend and I went spy-style and ReCon'd the girls' discussions. They were having a Burn Circle. A Burn Circle is where groups of school age children sit around and talk shit about non-present peers, who are assigned numbers on a list, and then shit-talked.

Among other things I learned:
- Daughter has a Boyfriend. He's number 21. He spent all his allowance on a birthday gift for Daughter.
- Number 17 touches some of the girls in "inappropriate" places. I am told this means putting arms around eachother, but I'm not buying that interpretation. I am considernig calling officials.
- Daughter's Best Friend is way more annoying than I ever imagined. She said some pretty mean things about numbers 6,7, and 13.

Children are growing up way faster than they used to. Talk about body parts and boyfriends and crushes has hit record levels.

A more positive change is that the girls these days are playing way less "Light as a Feather" and appear to not be fainting eachother as a means of entertainment.

I don't know as I like the tradeoffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home