Exact Approximations

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Death of Sadie Grey

Yesterday was Take Your Child to Work Day.

Daughter went to work with The Banker. She learned that, in addition to not wanting to be a lawyer, she is also not interested in banking as a future career path. According to reports, Daughter spent the day greeting customers, counting money, and outting our newest Blogger.
Daughter: To The Banker, in the presence of The Banker's Boss "What do you do all day, besides blog?"
The Banker: "Uhhh." Immediately deletes her blog.
Fair enough.

I'm totally bummed. Not only is my favorite new blogger now gone - she was outted by my spawn. I blame this on Boyfiend's genes. My DNA has a built in anti-ratting-to-the-man protection mechanism.

Maybe next year I shouldn't pawn off Take Your Child to Work Day on someone else.

5 Comments:

  • Awwww...foiled again.

    What happened to daughter being smart recently, Lex? A lapse in judgment? Shameful.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 9:38 AM  

  • I can't defend the indefensible.

    *sigh*

    [Lex hangs her head in shame]

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 9:40 AM  

  • Just chalk it up to childlike wonder and excitement in a new and stimulating environment.

    Yeah, that's the ticket.

    Hope to see you out there soon, Sadie. Your "Milkshake" post was an instant classic.

    By Blogger TEM, at 1:25 PM  

  • ahhhh, you love me! You really love me!! ;) Just kidding.
    Yeah, serves me right for wasting company time huh?
    Thanks alot Sidekick. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

  • Sounds like Daughter had a Kellie Pickler moment! Sorry about Sadie! Lex, you really have to do a better job of teaching Daughter about workplace ethics, work habits, and knowing how to tell white lies! Hell, if you really do a good job, she might even learn to be a republican, and Grandma Republican would just love that!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home