Exact Approximations

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dear Mama,

Thank you so much for your support. I just love you all the time. Your email made me cry, but I read it 20+ times yesterday and today. It helps to know that my mother is proud of my decisions, actions and ideals. And that even when I go wrong, you see how my mistakes can make me better. I would never have learned to care so much about other people if I hadn't seen you do that your whole life.

For every time you admonished me to not judge too quickly, for teaching me that people are more than they appear, for searching for the good in every person you meet... thank you. I promise I will do my best to make you proud.

Thank you so much mama.

I would have been super fucked-up if I had to learn all my people skills from dad.

Forever,

Lex

P.S. to everyone else: My mom is really good at making me feel better. Like everyone, particularly folks in my family, we have issues. But the one thing I have always, always known is that my mother loves me. Being able to cry to your mom can save a kid a lot of grief. Although I wonder what weight to give her praise - mom would be proud of me if I lived in a cardboard box and sold dry rocks. She would think it a great chance to meet interesting people and ask me what rock-collectors are like.

1 Comments:

  • Your mom is a very special person and always has been. Exstreamly frustrating at times but never less than interesting. You are a fortunate child to have her watching your back. I have always admired the way she has never judged and always just accepted no matter the circumstances. She has always kept trucking, with her own style of humor and grace. Those are just some of the reasons that I love her.
    loony tunes aunt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home