Exact Approximations

Friday, February 03, 2006

What is Secret About Publishing Something All Can See?

For awhile now, I've been following two theme-centered blogs: Post Secret and The Rhetorical Letter Writer.

Both are really, really great. I was reminded of Post Secret today when I checked in on WT over at Expressio Unius. I haven't actually sent in a secret to the blog- but I have written secrets on post-it notes and left them in random places, like the bathroom at my local Blimpie's sandwich shop, a cross-walk sign and a backside of the child's seat in a grocery cart. Words cannot describe how good it feels. And I enjoy imagining what the discoverer might think.

Some examples:

"I steal toilet paper from work. Coffee too. And gatorade. Lots of gatorade."

"I pretended to love for financial stability. I faked it from the very beginning."

"I don't think I deserve him. But I'm too selfish to tell him that."

2 Comments:

  • you are better than that.. you deserve everything and more.

    loony tunes aunt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 PM  

  • I have been asked who #2 is... I'd rather not say - but will note that it was not ex-husband that I was referring to.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home