Exact Approximations

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I Think My Day Just Got a Whole Lot Better

Today, I am rockin' my B-Game. Slept for only 2 hours last night. And it's not even like there was substance abuse involved.

Anyhow, rushed to get here because I needed to clean-up a motion that must, must, must be filed by 5:00. I figured I could knock that out by 11. In the meantime, The Boss is deposing a defense witness. By my math, he would be done by a half hour ago and we would be pow-wowing on the remaining legal issues as I type.

But then the if-factor came into play.

Things are going differently than anticipated in the deposition. We figured we wouldn't get too much useful information out of the medical support staff in a pending case. We were wrong. There are few things I love more than Chatty Cathy in a nurse's uniform. Positive information unexpectedly gained during discovery is like 70 degree Arizona weather in the middle of August. You don't expect or believe it is coming, but it sure is nice when it does. I also thought the case law confusion in the motion was something I could resolve relatively quickly during my research. Not so. The applicable law still fails to make good sense. Apparently, courts love to issue ambiguous tests on a random ass issues. Not just law school exams. Huh.

Now, this should all make my life hell, because now The Boss is caught up longer than time-budgeting permitted and the work I need him for will take longer than my previous estimate of 5 minutes for read, review and signature.

But that is ok. It will be rushed and I will tear my panty hose on the stapler (again) - but the chances of things going awkwardly with The Boss are significantly diminished. 5 bux says The Boss will be high on the unexpected 70 degree weather for the rest of the day. Correspondingly, my B-Game will appear A- through his rose-colored glasses of good fortune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home