Exact Approximations

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Disappointment

There is nothing worse than disappointing someone when you so badly want them to deem you a RockStar.

The Boss had me working on two motions. This morning, I placed two drafts on his desk. He calls me in to talk about the first. Feedback received included: "Not your best work" "convoluted" and "confusing."

Sting, sting, double-double ouch ouch. Now, in fairness to me, I was never quite clear on the grounds for requesting the relief included in the motion. But the part I fucked up the most was a relatively straight-forward factual background.... and that should have been the cleanest portion of the document. The Boss was nice about it. All very constructive criticism. All taken very close to my heart. All written down in my "get better" notebook. And all of which will stick with me during every painful moment of every day for the next week. He ended the meeting by telling me the second motion was well-done. That helped, but the raging sense of failure remains. I loathe myself.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home