Exact Approximations

Friday, December 02, 2005

Clean Dreams & a Communication Breakdown

I recently got clean - quit doing drugs. Pain Meds you loadies. I would never even think to do marijuana or any other Godforsaken activity. Anyhow, I think as a result of this (and b/c I had cheese in my salad before bed - props to Ann's insight), I have been having vivid, creepy dreams. Last night's involved catastrophe and death and Boyfriend building a skatepark. Not terribly interesting to others, but it is all I can think about this morning.

That and the fact that I got a "Lets Talk" email from The Boss yesterday just before he sat down to meet with an expert witnesses. I waited for over an hour and a half. Impatiently, I told Paralegal I was leaving, and that if The Boss wanted me, he could call my cell phone. I walked out the door, down the elevator and to my car. Turned the cell phone off and drove away. The Boss is a great guy but sufffers from a propensity to hold off on discussing things he deems important until after 4:45p. Why do older lawyers do this? Aside from the fact that they almost always come into the office after 2?

1 Comments:

  • The dairy products will get you every time. I had a string of weird dreams about two weeks ago that all involved where we used to live in Illinois. I don't think I'm homesick exactly, but I miss the horse barn and my friends and my dog.

    The worst dreams I have are ones where I kiss another guy. I haven't kissed another guy for 10 years - I always wake up feeling totally guilty. It's awful.

    By Blogger -Ann, at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home