Exact Approximations

Monday, December 19, 2005

Car Tales

I got a smoothie for lunch. Walking back to my car, I hit the unlock button and slid into the passenger seat. Just sat there, waiting for someone to get in and chauffeur me back to work. It took me a good 20 seconds to realize I was alone.

Struck by my own stupidity, I grumbled out and did a Chinese-Fire-Drill. Half-way around, a Silver Mercedes SL 500 Roadster wooshed by. Damn near swiped my arm. Two middle-aged men in super-starched shirts gave smug "oops, sorry" smiles. I responded with the "No Worries" head nod. They sped along another10 feet before slamming the brakes just before a stop sign. SL 500s stop fast. A sea of red light flooded the tail of the car, highlighting the license plate: "BAD F8TH"

2 Comments:

  • Lex, cute Blonde moment. I want that license plate!

    tlgxioi

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 3:30 PM  

  • Being as we drive on the "wrong" side of the road here, the driver's side is on the right in cars here. Peter usually drives too.

    So it probably shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that yesterday, with the car keys in my hand, I got in the left-hand side of the car. I sat there, looking at the steering wheel for a second, thinking "Hey, that thing's supposed to be....D'oh!"

    By Blogger -Ann, at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home