Exact Approximations

Monday, December 05, 2005

Blah Day

Crazy weekend. On top of endless running around, the office Christmas Dinner was held on Saturday. Boyfriend and I dressed to the nines and headed out to a fancy restaurant that we are not even high-class enough to work at. It was on The Boss and consisted of really good food, lots of wine and my missed opportunity for conversations with my superior and holder of my future. Unfortunately, topics included: sports, hunting and gun ownership. The only sport I like is ping-pong. I don't believe in hunting unless you eat your kill (and I'm a vegetarian). And finally, I personally believe the whole 2nd amendement right to a gun is a big misunderstanding and hand-gun ownership should be illegal. This didn't leave me much in the way of interest or participation in the conversational topics. Instead, I listened to the The Boss' wife, talking about home-remedies, bar studying, and her Woodstock adventures. I really like The Boss' wife. Even more surprising, The Boss really likes The Boss' Wife. I'm fairly certain the two are madly in love, weird because they've been married for a long, long time. And, well, he's incredibly successful. He could be affairing it up all across the country if he felt like it. But when The Boss is away... well, he's missing his wife.

Speaking of The Boss, I get to work this morning and The Boss is one the phone. He asks me to find an obscure medical literature article. I went online, on the horn and the email network attempting to find it. Turns out, not only is the article not in English - it's also only held in three libraries. Throughout all of the U.S., Canada and Europe. Apparently, none of these three holdings locations are in Arizona. Surprise, surprise. So..... unfortunately, I am going ot have to tell The Boss that it is impossible to obtain this particular article, have it translated, and get it to him by the end of the workday. To make up for my failure, I found 10 other articles on the exact same subject. Those will be faxed & forwaded along with my apologetic letter of incompetence.

In other news, I don't think I'm getting a Christmas Bonus. This is bad, bad, bad - seeing as I have about $50 budgeted for the holiday absent a bonus. I think the dinner was the Christmas/ Holiday Gift. Lame. Totally lame.

Blah.

4 Comments:

  • Lex, be thankful you have some form of income. I have none. Though I don't envy having to work.

    What happened with the "let's talk" email?

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 3:31 PM  

  • The "Lets Talk" email went fine. It had to do with the whole Corporate Counsel "policies and procedures" lady. Basically, we want to talk to some employees at CorpLand, and their general counsel was all freaked-out super-careful. And we aren't even suing them. So they ask for a written list of the questions we would like to ask the employees, and I forwarded a list of some questions to The Boss.

    Disclaiming the "Lets Talk" conversation with "nice analysis Lex, good questions, they really show that you know what we're getting at," he proceeded to tell me not to send them. Instead, we are just going to call the ones we know are Friendlies at home. The other ones will be subpoena'd. The idea was that we didn't want to have it in the file in case it gets discovered, since the questions, even though generalized - by their very nature give away our direction to anyone with an IQ high enough to be constitutionally executed.

    Which, of course, was what I thought in the first place. But I was told to draft a list, so draft a list I did.

    I'll paint his flower pots if he keeps paying me.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 4:07 PM  

  • And, yeah. Work sucks.

    Ever considered going into MedMal?

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 4:08 PM  

  • Not particularly. While I enjoy my torts classes and all that jazz, I don't really want to litigate.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home