Exact Approximations

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"No Cat-Naps You Two-Bit Drug Addict"

The Boss just came out of his office proclaiming he feels much better after having taken a cat-nap:

Office Manager: "Yeah, they say people should take a couple twenty minute cat-naps throughout the day while at work."
The Boss: "Well, that's good employers. I'm a bad employer. We'll have none of that here. No cat-napping."
Everyone laughs.
Office Manager: "Well, sorry I woke you up."
The Boss: "It's ok, I didn't need the sleep anyhow."
I wanted to lay my head down and take my own cat-nap to see if he really would be bothered by it. I don't think he would, he's a good boss, but I'm walking a thin line - no joking around with boundary testing this week.

In other news, I'm totally addicted to Percocet. It was prescribed to me about a week ago by an ER doctor and then refilled by my "pain management" doctor. This morning, I woke with a belly ache. Not at all like my regular pain. This was just a good old fashioned belly ache. I took two Percocet and ten minutes later the belly ache was gone. I'm convinced this means I am physically addicted to the stuff. Which totally sucks, because it's not even a fun addiction. There's no all over good time. Nothing. Just shitty addiction with no corresponding good time high.

Man, college really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore and have fun. I miss being in college.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home