Exact Approximations

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Crunch, Crunch, Crash

I crashed my car Tuesday. Big time. I was driving in the rain and hydroplaned, spun a 720, broke through a barb-wired cattle gate and ended up in a deep puddle of mud. It was one of the top three scariest moments of my life. The fourth is the thousand dollar deductable that I will have to find in order to get all the damage fixed. Daughter and Boyfriend were with me, and Daughter screamed the whole way through. It was the worst. I'm still a little freaked out about it, two days later. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Unfortunately, the damage wasn't enough to constitute a total loss that might get me out of car payments.

Freaky.

3 Comments:

  • Glad you are okay!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:39 PM  

  • Very good you're okay.

    A few years ago, some friends and I were heading back to school after a concert. It was a snowstorm, we totally hit some ice, did the 720, felt like we were going to flip over when we went over the ditch and into the barbed wire fence. Everything dies but the people. Did I mention it's really cold and snowy and the car no longer works? Brrr..luckily a plow found us then a cop so we got warm.

    Not fun.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 7:16 PM  

  • Hello :) Just read your post to Son. He thinks he is getting a permit when he turns 15...in 1.5 months...hahahahahaha...

    I happened to tell him that when I turned 21, some buddies and I went up to Reno to gamble for the first time ever! It was January, and there was snow all the way up to South shore! When we got there, we entered a parking lot which was covered with ice! I owned the Pinto that I was driving, so, I gunned it, and spun the wheel, the hell with 720...I think it was more like a 3600! We spun across the parking lot and smashed into a snow drift! We were only going about 10 MPH the whole way, so the impact was not bad, no damage to the car, but...

    All three of us piled out of the car, and lost our lunch! Then we drove to the nearest liquor store to get some beer, and then to a hotel to get a room and relax!

    Of course, Son thought that was sooo kewl...which is another reason he won't be getting his permit!

    Lex, glad you and Daughter and BF are OK!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home