Exact Approximations

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Shared Misery

A friend of mine who is sitting for the California bar emailed me today, freaked out about passing. I mailed back that we are all supposed to feel overwhelmed right now and that, according to my BarBri audio lectures, it will all come together during the last couple of weeks of studying. I sent the mail off and realized, 'hm, this is the last couple of weeks of studying...'

So it's time to kick it into high gear. I need to do more practice MBEs, that much is clear. I also need to spend more time reading the Yellow Book. I dunno if that's what it's called in other states, but here in AZ, it's the book with the practice questions and model answers. I feel like if I had had that book before, I wouldn't be here studying for the bar today. Actually, I'm at work today, but you get my point.

It's so easy to get freaked out and convince yourself that you won't pass the bar. I wonder how the people who get cocky and think they will pass no matter what feel when they fail? Do they ever fail? If you just know you're going to pass the bar, does that make you delusional, or just really insightful into your ability?

I guess I'm delusional. No matter how much time I spend at the doctor or at work or otherwise putting less then the "suggested" amount of time into studying for this thing, I'm pretty sure I'll pass it this time. Maybe that's because I can't handle the consequences of what it will mean if I fail. Ucko.

6 Comments:

  • Theres nothing wrong with confidence and dont mistake for dilusion. Have faith in your ability and in yourself, youve worked hard, it will pay off.
    BF

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 PM  

  • hi lex, i think you're going to do great. also, who are you?

    By Blogger yodler, at 2:32 PM  

  • "I'm your new friend Lex."

    I'm just an old Boalt Grad. I remember you from the WRC. I remember you were a really nice guy, good counselor. Unless your not who I think you are, in which case I'm retarded and you're some other guy names Seth, who may or may not be a nice guy.

    If you got the Garden State reference, you're awesome.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 2:41 PM  

  • hi lex. i'm a fellow boalte (rising 3L, i don't think i know who you are.) i am confident that you will pass the bar. i don't think i am delusional. you seem like a smart cookie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:41 PM  

  • Hey, Lex, stop getting the new readers! Or at least send me some. Geez.

    You'll do fine. You've been through it once and so you know what to expect. You should, in theory, be smarter now, too, since you've been studying, etc. If you fail, we'll be happy to take you in MN. I've got a futon.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 7:37 AM  

  • Hey Lex..
    That's bs that you will fail.. I have bragged too long on how smart and talented you are to have you prove me a dumb ass. You will pass with flying colors and eventually I will come out to AZ with Uncle GQ to help you celebrate...
    Loony Tunes Aunt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home