Exact Approximations

Monday, March 13, 2006

Big Whammy... STOP!

Another thing that happened in California this weekend was that, in passing, Boyfriend and I got schooled in television game shows by Uncle GQ. I noted that I was a big fan of "that one show, where they hit the thinger, and say 'no whammies, no whammies, no whammies.... STOP'"

Uncle GQ pointed out that there was a big ordeal back in the day where some guy figured out the sequence, and knew when all the whammies would come up. He was like Ken Jennings, if Ken Jennings were on steroids rather than just being an annoying genius. Ok, bad analogy. But you get the point, this guy spanked Press Your Luck.

Not so much for the gameshow's host, Peter Tomarken. Mr. Tomarken and his wife were killed today when the small plane they were traveling in crashed about 1/2 mile west of the Santa Monica Pier.

It's always eerie when you're talking about someone you haven't thought about in ages - and then the next day, they die. Espacially when you were talking about them, and then going out for coffee at... the Santa Monica Pier.

1 Comments:

  • Game Show Network is my favorite channel ever. I used to love "Press Your Luck." But I was 7. Now it's up with there with G.I. Joe in its nostolgia factor but is really not all that exciting.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home