Exact Approximations

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

More on Evidence and Life on Wisteria Lane

Remember the post where Neighbor Wife asked Boyfriend over for a drink?

Well, she just got a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Last night, Boyfriend called while I was commuting home from work, reporting that Nephew and Daughter were at Neighbor's house playing. As I turned into our driveway, Boyfriend was standing outside, Daughter was upset, Nephew was proclaiming innocence and Neighbor's youngest son was at our house.

Boyfriend: "Neighbor's Husband just lost his finger, Friend [the banker] took him to the ER."
Lex: "Huh?! What?!"
Boyfriend: "As the kids were leaving, Nephew closed the door and Neighbor's Husband's finger was still in it. It got sliced off from the bottom of the nail."
Lex: "Oh. My. God. How did it happen again?"
Boyfriend: "It's ok. I found his finger, put it in a bag of ice and sent it to the ER with him."
Lex: "Oh. My. God. We are so getting sued."
Boyfriend: "Really, it's ok, I wiped up the blood so Neighbor's Wife wouldn't freak out. Now I just have to stay out here and wait for her to get back so I can explain what happened."
Lex: "When Nephew slammed the door, what did Neighbor's Husband do?"
Boyfriend: "He freaked out, he was in pain."
Lex: "Did he say anything?"
Boyfriend: "Well, he told Nephew it wasn't his fault - that it was an accident.'"
Lex: "When did he say that? From the hospital...?"
Boyfriend: "No, right after it happened."
Lex: Relief. "Good. Excited utterance. Present sense impression. Ass save."

I should never, ever have gone to law school.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home