Exact Approximations

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Cocaine, Mormons and the Question of the Day

Ah-me.

Still no official talk with The Boss. He has given me more assignments and I nagged until I got permission to sit in on depositions... but still no "Hey, I saw your note, wanna talk?" I don't know if this is a blatant demonstration of just how little I matter (or how little attention my work-product receives) or if this has something to do with the numerous, three-foot-tall piles of paperwork on The Boss' desk that hide the bottom of his face Home-Improvement style.

Either way - I remain frustrated. Just now, I typed sentence after sentence and then deleted sentence after sentence. I suppose I will wait until I have a clearer line of thought on this. Until then, here are some...

Tuesday Morning Tidbits:

  • Arizona doesn't recognize Daylight Savings time. We are so ahead of the game on this one. This fact makes me proud and I have been bragging about this since before I even moved to the state.
  • Joseph-Landers are HUGE on Halloween. Daughter came home with 238 pieces of candy. And none of this cheap, Smartie-laden, non-english-label crap that tastes the way farms smell. Oh no, this is 238 pieces of fun-sized, brand named goodness. And the Joseh-Landers really got into their costuming activities! There were evil demons, goblins, witches and a Jason-masked teenager who I still believe really was looking to kill someone. And this is just a sampling of the Godforsaken creatures I had expected The Mormons to be slightly less excited about.
  • A co-worker just said to me, word for word: "You could do ten grams of cocaine if you tried." This is way funnier in its current out-of-context format. And so it shall remain.
  • The wedding date is not set yet. I am shooting for late next year though. Way I see it, love is a commitment and I already have that. I'm so in love. All the rest is just pretty dresses and default legal presumptions.

And finally, the Question of the Day: Is CECU still considering law school?

1 Comments:

  • YES, but the operative word is considering!

    Must figure out how to do the Dad-thing, and finance law school, all at the same time!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home