Exact Approximations

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Lortab-Trippin

Welp, I've been back at the doctor's office for the past two days. Cool, because I got two half days at work. Freaky, because I missed two half days at work. I'm hoping I don't get fired but too high to mind much.

Turns out I'm rockin' some ovarian cysts. A whole bunch of 'em. One exploded last week and the rest are just nestting. The doctor me on birth control pills, something about the pill's ability to dissolve cysts and prevent the creation of new ones. I dunno. All I know is I take pills for two months, then go back for more tests. At that time, they decide whether to remove one or both of my ovaries. I don't mind that so much, I could do without fertility. What worries me more is that I don't want to be one of those surgically-induced menopause chicks that grows hair on her chin. My legitmate health concerns, desire to live, etc. All that - trumped - by a desire to remain feminine and chest hair-free.

Doctors changed my medication to Lortab. This has me loopy. Well, has me maintaining my loopy. Been loopy since Saturday.

Things are looking up. I am hazing through work today and then have a date with my pillow. I should feel better in a day or two and be back to good time posting.

thanks for the patience and well-wishes

=)

3 Comments:

  • I'm with you on the feminine and chin-hair free look. I saw this woman in the supermarket the other day and she had a goatee that would rival Colonel Sanders.

    Hope you recover okay.

    By Blogger -Ann, at 1:18 PM  

  • You're going to grow a mustache! Too funny. I wish I could grow one :(

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 4:57 PM  

  • That must be one hell of a pillow...where are you? And where can I get one of those pillows? And don't tell CECA!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home