Exact Approximations

Friday, September 23, 2005

Too Soon!!!

So I'm back at work today. Not feeling good. But back. Drug out of bed this morning, alerting myself to the risks of taking three days off from work. I mean, I did stop by for half the day yesterday, but Wednesday I didn't show at all. That's pretty to close to job abandonment in the legal field. So I am sitting at my desk, staring at the work pile that grew beyond anything I can calmly comprehend.

My list of assignments include:
  • Writing a Reply to a Response to the first motion I ever wrote top to bottom. Opposing counsel is mean, hung up on me the other day when she called the office. She doesn't even know who I am yet, let alone that I authored the motion that has her agro. Hopefully my biting sarcastic intelligence will fight it's way from the haze of my physical weakness and result in her getting a firm BenchSlapping.
  • Reviewing every deposition in a case that is up for a Mandatory Settlement Conference soon. Almost twenty inches of depositions I've been instructed to "Burn through and know."
  • The most obscure research project ever. It involves figuring out the cost of future medical care for a permanent, and somewhat rare, medical condition. Sounds easy enough, except for the part where I haave to account for a million variables and possibilities of how this person's health might play out... It's a lot like playing the If Game, only with medical terminology and research studies that only make 1/3 of sense to me.

Let's get this bitch done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home