Exact Approximations

Monday, July 18, 2005

Breaking the Cycle of Hotel Living

My mother, step-father and sister rent a room in a hotel by the week. They have been doing it for the past three years ever since their rental home burned down. For the longest time, I heard all the plans about getting another home or an apartment, but one thing led to another and it never did happen. My mom works there now as a maid, and they have gotten to know the regulars well enough to consider them friends. I think it's one of those situations where you accept what you have, because it's what you know.

Once getting to Arizona, I've been staying in a hotel. Recently, with hotel tabs running and non-employment interfering with attempts to score a housing rental, I have found myself wondering whether destiny requires me to follow my mother's housing example.


Boy-o-boy, what a crappy thought that was. I'm thinking it's a non-issue now though. I'm 95% confident I convinced a naive and trusting homeowner to believe I will make a fantastic tenant. I'm vainly proud of myself since I managed it with no form of verifiable income. If I score this house, it will be based only upon exagerated statements of career opportunities offered by a law degree and my excessive use of unecessarily large words. Everyone wants to think a law degree makes people instantly immune to poverty. I know better, but am grateful for his misconceptions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home