Exact Approximations

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

On the Value of Reliable Understudies.

So I graduated law school.

Feels a bit undeserved and tainted with the possibility others may someday suffer for it. A lot like getting my driver's license.

Except for the part where I still have to pass the bar. It's the Arizona bar though, so I might have a shot. Some cocky guy in an interview last month bragged how he only studied two weeks. I wanted to ask him so bad how much easier the test was 30 years ago.

I had serious doubts about finishing school this spring. As of very, very recently, my writing requirement was nowheres near complete and a second paper was waiting behind it. I was caring for Daughter, attempting to find a new home, dealing with a truck-sale snafu, figuring out how to move and wanting to make myself write over 50 pages. On top of that, I felt pretty crappy physically.

Daughter's Father wasn't convinced when I told him things were fine, so he decided it was best to hop a plane. Taking over damn near all my responsibilities, I was left with nothing to do but write the papers or get better. He has Daughter, cleaning, cooking, house-hunting, packing and related-snafus under control. His help made a huge difference - and his insistence helped show he really wants Daughter to live closer. It's pretty hot, I think I'm re-falling for him...


So now I am off - off to the Arizona desert. Will keep posting, back in a week or so - assuming those bastards have internet ;)

Thanks to WT for the words of support. Good luck in Maryland

1 Comments:

  • Lex Fori...(we know who you are)...

    We are all so proud of you for graduating from Law School. Good luck on the Bar Exam in AZ.

    It will say this post is by "anonymous" (since I don't have a blog - yet), but, since you go by Lex Fori, sign me off,

    Hugs
    Your Happy East Coast Uncle!
    :) wink :) ~ who else!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home