Exact Approximations

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

"I'll tell you in another life, when we are both cats."

Sofia Serrano, (Vanilla Sky).

I watched this movie again last night. Generally, I'm not a Tom Cruise fan (Interview with the Vampire excepted), but Vanilla Sky is really good. Similarly, I'm not a Jim Carey fan (In Living Color excepted), but Eternal Sunshine is one of my all-time favorites. I digress...

The movie is fantastic. I highly recommend it.
Some favorite Vanilla Sky contributions:

  • Pleasure Delayers & Proximity Infatuations. (Don't use that last one, it's Brian's).
  • "Intelligence is a tool, not a weapon."
  • Props to Audrey Hepburn, To Kill a Mockingbird & John Lennon's Dakota.
  • "Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around. "
  • "The little things. There's nothing bigger, is there?"

2 Comments:

  • I really didn't like this movie. If I spend a year trying to figure it out, I don't like it. The movie was just so bizarre that it was too much. Now, I love bizarre movies but they have to be well done (Memento, Eternal Sunshine) but this one just did not sit well with me.

    By Blogger Arbusto, at 2:14 PM  

  • Welp, to each his own I suppose. You're forgiven because you allow me to take He-Man shots at you. And you like Eternal Sunshine.

    I liked Memento too - what other bizarre movies sat well with you? Always open for suggestions.

    By Blogger Lex Fori, at 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home