Exact Approximations

Friday, April 14, 2006

A Baby & A Banker

We have a couple friends visiting this week. They came down from their small town, bringing
their new baby. I got to play with New Baby. I got to hold New Baby. I watched New Baby sleep for an hour. Watching him sleep in my arms, I started crying. I am a suckerfish. There's just something about it... it's not very often in life that you encounter perfect things. Purity. No ill-will; no bad habits; nothing but possibility. On one hand, I can count the number of times I have met someone who has never made a mistake. It's overwhelming. I hope he's still there when I get home, I could use another happy cry.

Times like last night make me want another baby, but I don't think I deserve it.

In other news -- very, very exciting news -- The Banker is a blogger! She has been hiding it, and only gave the address yesterday. I immediately demanded permission to link. Permission begrudgingly granted. This will be interesting because we share common household experiences, and she has already posted on some of the things I have. For instance, The Banker (hereinafter, Sadie Grey) wrote about her perception of Daughter's desire to understand religion.

And for all else on Sadie Grey, catch up at http://sadiegrey.blogspot.com/.

My favorite post involves the mechanics of a stupid bank training session. Fucking fat people and their Jelly Bellys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home