Exact Approximations

Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year

I am mostly better. Achy and tired but basically past thoughts of 'death is imminent.' I made two New Year's Resolutions. My New Year's Resolutions have to meet one basic ground rule: they must me proactive, rather than resolutions to stop doing things. Anything I might resolve to stop doing would be something I already know damn well is bad for me. Those are the things I enjoy far too much to let logic get in the way of my doing them. Anyhow, I made two proactive New Year's Resolutions. The first is to do more yoga.

The New Year brings new drama at work. Turns out a tiny work environment can have just as much gooby gossip as the largest. The office is closed, but I am last minute motion-writing with a cloudy head and deep wish to make The Boss happy. Being sick for 4 of the first 5 months at a job is not the best professional approach. This will seriously harm my credibility in 4 months when I am demanding a substantial pay increase. I've decided I don't make enough money and will ask for a substantial pay increase during renegotiations. Even if I fail the bar. And well taking into consideration the fact that I get to do work I feel really, really good about. And that I am always sick. I will throw down with ridiculous amounts of baseless cockiness.

Sheesh, I'm feeling bitter today. I feel flah about having to work. I think my third New Year's resolution is to look at life more optimistically. Life lives how you see it anyhow - even stupid-dumbs have happy lives. There's really no reason not to take advantage of the evolutionary tool of self-induced misperception.

I mean, I do have a perfect life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home