Exact Approximations

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

History

Barack Obama did it. His supporters did it. We all did it.

So happy.

I'm crying again, for the fourth time in the past 24 hours. Cried last night, with the anticipation of how today might be, and for what today would mean. Cried this morning, when driving Daughter to school and reminding her to never forget this day. Cried in the voting booth, when I saw an African-American name at the top of my ballot. And finally, I cried tonight, when the announcement came and I finally allowed myself to believe that this was really happening.

For the first time in a long time, I am incredibly proud to be an American. After the celebration passes, let the test begin.

I believe in this man.

I feel deep hope.

Hope springs eternal.

And may hope continue to grow.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • I can't stop. It's a huge moment. And I am terribly proud, for all of us...that we were able to be a part.
    Let the change begin.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 PM  

  • I've gotten very teary and sloppy, but then it's 7.30am and I've been up all night. I am so grateful and relieved about the results of this election. To say its restored my faith in humanity is not an overstatement.

    By Blogger -Ann, at 12:33 AM  

  • Thank Obama you are alive. I have called a couple of times, but couldn't get through. Once, a small voice answered and then hung up - I wonder :)

    I figured if you were going to blog, this would have to be the event to do it!

    I saw your post on my blog the other day, and figured you were back in the game, even if only for a short time!

    I will try to contact you this weeekend! Lots to talk about - all good!

    By Blogger Crazy East Coast Uncle, at 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home